Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A Mermaid's Tale


Hello and welcome to my newly re-vamped blog. My name is Keli, and I am SugarPieDesigns on Etsy! At SugarPieDesigns you can find handmade jewelry and crocheted and knit items, paper goods, supplies, European beads, and much more!



A little about me...I am a homemaker and mother of two teenaged daughters. My oldest has Tourette's Syndrome and Asperger's Syndrome. She is 19 and is a wonderful artist. My youngest is 13 and quite the artist herself, as well as a singer and musician. I am sure you will see their talents on here often! I live in a small town in
Southern Indiana with my two girls, my hubby Mike,
our two kitties and 5 crazy cockatiels.
If you ever decide to get a bird, just know that buying a pair means you will be a breeder- like it or not!


I have been crafting for about 19 years. I started with crocheting a baby blanket for my oldest daughter and fell in love with it. I have since taught myself knitting, beading, some sewing, and a few other crafty hobbies. I cannot explain the feeling of pride and accomplishment that comes with finishing a gift for someone or learning a new stitch...It is fantastic! So much time, skill, and love go into each piece that they really are priceless!

So you may be wondering where the mermaid mentioned in the title comes in...Well I am currently working on an order for someone. An order for 2 beautiful, scaly, pink and purple Mermaid's Tail Afghans! This pattern is so adorable! I am using Red Heart worsted weight yarn in place of the more pricey Swanky yarn that the pattern originally calls for. I think they are turning out quite pretty, don't you?




Off to work some more on this beauty...stay crafty! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment